Heather Locklar, J.D.
Heather Locklar is a Member of Warren Averett CPA and Advisors.
Heather is an Estate Planner with our affiliate, Warren Averett, LLC. She helps our Asset Management clients with their legacy goals by reviewing their current estate planning documents and providing guidance when new documents are necessary. She also advises on effective business succession planning techniques for small business owners and cofounded the Women’s Wealth Connection of Warren Averett Asset Management. Heather resides in Birmingham with her husband and daughter.
- Bachelor of Arts
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Juris Doctor
Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham, AL
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Birmingham
- 2017 Future Leaders Forum for the Birmingham Bar Association
- National Business Institute, CLE Instructor on Grantor Trusts
- Birmingham Business Journal’s NextGen Law Award, 2020
- Clay House Junior Board (Past President)
- Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham’s 2020 Professional Partners in Philanthropy Leadership Forum
Ask Me About
- How to make sure your estate plan fits your personal needs as well as the current tax law
- Why family estate planning is so important
- Effective business succession planning techniques
- Why I chose to practice in estate and tax planning rather than litigation when I graduated from law school
- Traveling (There is so much of the world I would love to see!)
- Growing up on a farm