SENIOR NETWORK SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
WA Asset Management’s primary goal is to serve our clients, one another, and our communities. Our intense client focus is at the center of everything we do. We go far beyond just managing our clients’ investments, offering truly in-depth financial planning. We set ourselves apart by actually living and acting on our guiding principle, ‘Serve.’ It is the reason we go to work every day… to serve our clients, one another, and our communities.
In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds our guiding principle and drives WA Asset Management forward. We hope you’ll grow as a person and continue to develop in your field while being a vital part of our progress as a company.
We are looking to add a Senior Network System Administrator to our growing company! This role is responsible for the design, implementation, oversight, security, and maintenance of the firm’s network infrastructure. The Senior Network System Administrator reports to the COO in heavy collaboration with the CTO. This person will be an integral part of our team and will participate in cross functional organizational efforts and assist in developing a strategy to support future growth at scale.
Everyday activities include:
- Provide technical support services for the IT network environment including hardware, Microsoft suite of services and other hardware and software and related technologies and other IT related equipment as required.
- Perform cyber risk assessments and design and implement controls (including employee training) to help mitigate identified risks.
- Participate in the selection and due diligence of new suppliers in conjunction with the CCO and CTO.
- Support, test, and make recommendations for disaster recovery solutions. Execute hardware and software process during a disaster to ensure speedy recovery to production.
- Support and maintenance of VOIP phone system.
- Standardize images for new computers. Assist with desktop and other office equipment, as needed. Develop and maintain installation, configuration, and operational procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Maintain and assure compliance with all IT policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Be able to provide support during non-business hours or outages as needed.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have 5+ years of relevant infrastructure/administration experience within both traditional and cloud-based environments.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and listening skills, and can articulate the technical aspects of the business to non-technical personnel.
- Have strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Have experience documenting solutions, processes, procedures, and recovery plans.
- Be able to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment, performing multiple duties/tasks within defined deadlines.
- Have proven experience identifying problems of varying complexities and finding effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Be responsive to the needs of customers both internal and external.
- Possess a sense of urgency and commitment with strong follow up skills.
- Have proven precision and attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Be a self-driven and motivated individual with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Display proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Travel may be required at different times during the year and is estimated to be between 10% and 20%.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefit options
- Nine paid holiday days per year, plus two floating holidays
- Extra vacation day on your birthday week
- Three weeks of PTO, increasing to four weeks after three years of service (PTO is accrued quarterly)
- Four weeks paid sabbatical program after seven consecutive years of service, maximum of two sabbaticals while employed with us
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
WA Asset Management is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team and would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources at HR@waasset.com.