As our Human Resources Manager, you will report to the COO and your daily focus will be to manage the HR program and act as the liaison between our PEO (professional employer organization) and our employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting & Onboarding
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Create/manage job descriptions and post jobs.
- Conduct regular employee background checks.
- Works with Operations and PEO to ensure effective onboarding and termination of employees.
- Manage HR functions
- Manages the PEO relationship and the HR services provided to team members including payroll, benefits, and paid time off.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates HR policies and procedures required to administer the HR programs related to team member relations, compliance, benefits administration, PTO, recruiting, employee onboarding, and termination of employees.
- Direct responsibility for the knowledge, application, and compliance with current labor laws, rules, and regulations.
- Provides guidance on managing complex organizational and people issues. In charge of team member relations including, investigations, team member counseling and performance and compliance documentation, and the termination process.
- Training Programs
- Partners with the leadership team to identify training and development opportunities and career path development plans.
- Ensures continuing education (CE) is being managed for all employees whose certification(s) require CE (via software)
- Must adhere to firm’s core values at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel may be required at different times during the year and is estimated to be between 10% and 20%.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefit options
- Nine paid holiday days per year, plus two floating holidays
- Extra vacation day on your birthday week
- Three weeks of PTO, increasing to four weeks after three years of service (PTO is accrued quarterly)
- Four weeks paid sabbatical program after seven consecutive years of service, maximum of two sabbaticals while employed with us
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
WA Asset Management is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team and would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.