As the Billing Administrator for WA Asset Management, you will be responsible for leading billing efforts for a $5 Billion RIA with plans for significant future growth. This position reports to the COO and will include supervisory duties as the firm grows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Initiate and conduct quarterly billing and reporting, including ongoing auditing for accuracy of bills and reports, coordinating with vendors on third party invoices.
• Generate bills, client performance and revenue reports, and collecting fees.
• Create and maintain households and accounts for clients, including account transfers at multiple custodians and in the portfolio management system (Orion).
• Producing ad hoc reports and data queries within the portfolio management system (Orion).
• Perform reconciliation of management fees billed and collected and work with accounting and finance to ensure management fees and accounts receivable are properly recorded.
• Work with the Compliance department to ensure compliance with contracts and applicable rules/regulations. Assist with compliance or regulatory audits or exams when necessary.
• Educate or train others regarding the quarterly billing and reporting process and the portfolio accounting software to ensure all have a strong general knowledge of billing as it relates to their individual role.
• Adhere to the firm’s core values at all times.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Travel may be required at different times during the year.
• Travel time estimate 5-10%.
• Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree and ideally 3-5 years billing experience.
• Ideal candidates will have experience with a portfolio management system (Orion, Tamarac, Black Diamond), in a multi-custodial environment, with Orion proficiency preferred.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of data and information.
• Self-starter who needs little oversight. Is proactive and can anticipate the needs of those the role supports.
• Strong communication skills.
600 University Park Place | Suite 501 | Birmingham, AL 35209
• Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities without missing deadlines
• Maintains a high level of attention to detail and is highly organized.
• Ability to maintain high service standards and problem-solve effectively when faced with new challenges.
• Proficient with Excel.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Health, Dental, and Vision benefit options
• Nine paid holiday days per year, plus two floating holidays
• Extra vacation day on your birthday week
• Three weeks of PTO, increasing to four weeks after three years of service (PTO is accrued quarterly)
• Four weeks paid sabbatical program after seven consecutive years of service, maximum of two sabbaticals while employed with us
• Compensation commensurate with experience.
WA Asset Management is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you would be a good fit for our team and would like to be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.